Saturday, February 26, 2011

To The Detroit Pistons

Detroit, what is going on?

Four notable players miss shootaround, two arrive just at the end of it. You go out and beat the last playoff team in your conference, by six, with only six players. Good for you.

But I want to point my finger at the players who missed the shootaround. You are a professional athlete, you do not miss mandatory team activites with a headache. I can understand an occasional stomach bug, but a headache? That's how I got out of middle school baseball practice. I had a headache. I'm not buying the malarkey of the headache and the missing the team bus. I played high school sports, if a rag-tag bunch of coaches can gather up 20 uncaring, unpaid, high school kids, then I expect that a professional group of coaches, can round-up 12 professional basketball players, making at the least, hundreds of thousands of dollars for a mandatory shootaround.

And the players that missed the shootaround, if it is because of a protest. Grow up. John Kuester is your coach. Whether or not you agree with him, it is your job to follow him. He is your leader. As I mentioned before, I've played organized sports before. (I know High School Baseball isn't the same as the NBA, but I'm using it as a parallel.) There were PLENTY of times that I did not agree with the Head Coach, yet he was still my coach and despite my many qualms with how things were ran, I still listened and did as he said. Grow up, and act like the grown men that you are.

To top it all off, these players are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball. Is it too hard to grow up and do your job? I can think of countless people who would drop anything on a dime and do as their boss said if it was their dream job. Grow up, you are the players of a 21-38 team. Maybe it's not all the coaches fault? It may be hard to believe, but YOU might be the reason for the .356 win percentage. After all, John Kuester can't go out on the floor and hit shots, and as the record shows, not many of you can.

Grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment